The properties managed by HANNOVER LEASING as part of its asset management activities comprise mainly commercial properties such as
- office and administration buildings
- retail properties / shopping centres
- specialised properties
HANNOVER LEASING lays great store by professional asset management throughout the entire life cycle of a property investment. This is based on the comprehensive real estate sector expertise of his asset managers and their detailed knowledge of the various markets.
The HANNOVER LEASING group is one of the leading providers of investments in tangible assets in Germany and has been conceiving structured financing and participation opportunities for private and institutional investors for around 40 years.
Around 40 years’ experience
HANNOVER LEASING GmbH & Co. KG was founded in 1981 and has existed in its current format since 1996.
HANNOVER LEASING GmbH & Co. KG manages over 200 closed-ended funds and public funds -which were conceived and placed before the KAGB (Capital Investment Code) came into force in 2013 – and is responsible for their asset management.
With its subsidiary company HANNOVER LEASING Investment GmbH, the group has all the necessary pre-requisites for conducting its business including its function as a KVG (capital management company) in accordance with the requirements of the KAGB. As a KVG, HANNOVER LEASING Investment now offers the full range of open and closed-ended special AIF funds for institutional and semi-institutional investors as well as public AIFs for private investors. HANNOVER LEASING has launched and successfully placed 13 AIFs since 2014.
in Asset Management
HANNOVER LEASING has had his own branch office in the Netherlands since 2019. This enables to optimise its service spectrum for local investors and provide them with tailored services on the ground. In the real estate asset class, HANNOVER LEASING has managed a total investment volume of €11.0 billion since 1990.
HANNOVER LEASING currently manages real estate assets worth around €7.5 billion. This also includes around €1.0 billion worth of funds which have already sold their assets or company shares, but whose liquidation phase has not yet been fully completed. The assets include Dutch and foreign properties which are typically held by operative property companies. They also include properties in Germany which are managed and operated on the basis of public private partnerships (PPPs) and for which HANNOVER LEASING also provides asset management services.
The scope of real estate asset management services
- Concept-driven supervision and implementation of real estate investments
- Commercial and technical property management and “propco” management
- Management and controlling of external service providers such as property management and facility management companies
- Letting management
- Management of leasing partners and tenants
- Liquidity management
- Securing financing and management and conclusion of loan agreements
- Risk management
- Co-ordination of participants in PPP projects and regular contract controlling and reporting
- Ongoing observation of the investment markets
- Review and initiation of sales (asset deals, share deals)